Thursday, October 22, 2009

Puttin' on the Mitts

Puttin' on the Mitts

Pattern: Bainbridge Mitts
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light
Color: 4204, taupe
Amount: less than one skein, maybe 1/4 left.
Needles: US3 (3.25 mm)
Size: small women's

This yarn started life as Ritzy Mitts, a pattern I like very much.

But somewhere well into the first mitt, I made an error, and when I attempted to fix it I just messed it up worse. And worse.

So out of frustration I finally frogged what I could and threw out the rest. I wanted to get this project done so I'd have them for fall but I didn't feel like tackling the Ritzy pattern again (not that it was hard... I was just frustrated, mostly with myself). So I relied on a pattern I've made before: Bainbridge Mitts. My previous versions are here and here.

The only change was to CO 34. I could have CO more (maybe 38) as this is a finer yarn than the others mitts I've made in this pattern, but it all worked out.

Knocked these babies out in two days in early July. Finally got to wear them in October.

I love them! The yarn is soft and shows the stitch definition well. May not be the pattern I started working on, but I couldn't be happier with them!

(See these also on Ravelry)