Saturday, March 21, 2009

Santa Fe Sunset


This was a quick, easy knit; the scarf is soft and drapy; and the colors reminded me of a Southwest sunset.

Santa Fe Sunset Scarf

pattern: a simple drop stitch/garter stitch pattern inspired by diamondgirl on Ravelry
yarn: Noro Silk Garden
colors: 224
amount: 4 skeins, minus the lime parts, with about 3/4 skein leftover
needles: US 9 (5 mm)
finished measurements: about 8"x10'

This simple pattern consists of a row of drop stitches (K1, YO 2x, end in K1) alternating with 3 rows of garter stitch. I made it long so I could wrap it around my neck a couple of times and still have enough to drape down in front of my coat. It's a perfect use for Silk Garden; the colors unfold beautifully. Because I thought the lime was jarring for the effect I wanted (I just wanted the warm colors), I took out those parts, so I actually used less than 3 skeins. A quick, easy, fun knit, great for last-minute gifts!



No comments: